A vegan TV show about Travel and Food
I know, I know, I know, there’s been nothing but crickets chirping over here lately. But here’s a general recap and…pre-cap?
The pilot, in case you haven’t heard, is pretty much done! (pause to acknowledge thunderstorm of applause) Thank you! We have sent it off to a motion graphics animator to punch up the text elements and add some of those awesome Indiana Jones-style traveling maps I’ve dreamed of all my life, but aside from those final finishing touches, we have a beautiful product that is ready to see the light of day.
“So I see lots of aforementioned daylight here, Sadie. How come I can’t see this mythical pilot you’ve been bragging about for a year and a half. Did you even really go to Thailand? Maybe I want to contribute corporate sponsorship for this project or heck, I’m a network executive and I want to buy the rights to air it, but I don’t even believe that it exists,” you may be asking. To this question I have a number of responses and even some exciting news.
1. We aren’t releasing the pilot on the internet until we have sold it, period. We are guarding it pretty tightly because we really do want to sell it and it’s not in our professional interest to broadly give it away for free in the meantime. Stay tuned to the end of this blog entry for ways for you to get around that (wink wink, ow my eye).
2. Yes, we went to Thailand and I can’t wait for you to see the footage, really I can’t!
3. We are now actively seeking corporate and promotional sponsors for the series, on a variety of levels. If you are a company that is interested in reaching out to an audience who enjoys traveling, food, vegan lifestyle products, etc, please talk to us about partnership possibilities. If you are an investor who is excited about spreading the word about how fun, easy and worthwhile a vegan lifestyle can be whether at home or abroad, please talk to us about partnership possibilities. We are working to assemble a full dance card of sponsors and investors as we continue to delve into the world of the network pitch.
4. You work for a TV network and have read this far? Please talk to us!
5. Okay, okay, you really want to see some visual representation of what this is all about, I get it! I told you we’re not releasing the pilot online. But what about the hours and hours of footage that sadly didn’t make it into the 26-minute finished product? That we can post online! We’re releasing some outtakes and deleted scenes over the next few weeks. The first is live here! Thank you everyone at May Kaidee’s Vegan and Vegetarian Cooking School for a super fun day. They are featured in greater detail in the full episode, never fear!
5.2 And that final episode that is not being posted online no matter how much we want you to see it? You can join us for its first live screening here in beautiful Portland, Oregon this Saturday, August 4th! The super sweet folks of Try Vegan PDX are hosting us in an event to show the pilot and lead an informal discussion about traveling as a vegan. We are considering this our premiere so it’s kind of a big deal. Here’s an invitation. More on that soon.
And thanks for reading.